The critical care department at B.P.Poddar Hospital offers 24x7 care to patients in potentially life threatening condition requiring life support system and other intensive medical interventions. Our experienced multidisciplinary team provides state of the art patient care with promptness and compassion.
The Emergency Center at B.P. Poddar Hospital & Medical Research Ltd., Kolkata stands by 24 hours a day to respond to the emergency medical needs of patients.
- 24-hour On-site Team of Emergency Physicians
- 24*7 Emergency
- General internal medicine
- Intensive care
- Trained nurses with advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) training
- 24-hour onsite surgical team
- Neonatal intensive care (NICU)
- Multi-system medical & surgical trauma care
- 24-hour emergency cardiac catheterization at the Heart Center
- 24-hour emergency room
- Trauma Center
- Private examination rooms including OB/GYN and eye examination facilities
- Observation area
- Ambulance and critical care transport fleet
Guidelines for an Emergency
Calling an Ambulance
Try to stay calm, and speak clearly when asked additional questions by the operator. This will help the patient receive the best ambulance service.
Some questions you may be asked include:
- Where is the patient?
- What is the phone number you’re calling from?
- Are you with the patient right now?
- Is the patient awake?
- Is the patient breathing?
- What is the name, age, gender of the patient?
- Does the patient have any known medical problems?
Taking the time to answer these any other questions will not delay the ambulance response. Help is already on the way while you are providing this information on the phone.
DO NOT hang up before the dispatcher tells you it is okay to do so.